A curried chicken and rice soup finished in a crusty loaf
- 50 g Brown Onion Brunoise
- 50 g Carrot Brunoise
- 50 g Celery Brunoise
- 50 g Leek Brunoise
- 50 g Apple Brunoise
- 400 g Chicken Thigh Diced
- 4 Garlic Cloves Minced
- 2 Cinnamon Stick
- 4 Bay Leaf
- 100g Curry Powder Mild
- 200 g Basmati Rice
- 1000 ml White Chicken Stock
- 400 ml Cream
- 4 sprigs Coriander
- 4 Sourdough or Cobb Loaf or 1 large loaf if sharing
- 50 ml Veg Oil
Cooking the Soup
- In a pot, heat veg oil. Saute onion and garlic for 1 minute.
- Add chicken and saute for another minute until chicken is sealed.
- Add vegetables and saute for 1 minute.
- Add rice, spices and curry powder and mix in. Add chicken stock and cream. Cook for 15 minutes or until the rice is cooked.
Toasting the Loaf
- While the soup is cooking, cut the top of the loaf off and scoop the bread out leaving the crust. Toast in a preheated oven until well toasted.
- Serve the soup in the loaf garnished with coriander
Calories: 958kcalCarbohydrates: 76gProtein: 32gFat: 61gSaturated Fat: 29gCholesterol: 243mgSodium: 517mgPotassium: 1169mgFiber: 11gSugar: 8gVitamin A: 4206IUVitamin C: 15mgCalcium: 269mgIron: 10mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!